部分赴美留学的学子都很疑惑在美国的租房问题——房子应该在国内就提前找好,还是过去了之后再找?这个问题的答案是因人而异。总的来说,大部分同学觉得到了一个全新的举目无亲的地方,有个落脚地会比较踏实;而对住宿、室友等条件有一定要求的同学,到了美国再货比三家可能会更妥当。
留学租房无疑是一件挺重要的事,现在就来介绍部分租房过程中常用的口语,希望能给大家一些帮助。
与房东约定看房时间
1.My name is xx .I saw your advertisement of a room/house/apartment to rent and I’m very interested.
我的名字是xx 。我看到你的租房广告,很感兴趣。
2.When would it be convenient for me to view the room please?
请问我什么时候去看房较方便呢?
3.So that’s Wednesday evening at 6 p.m? I look forward to meeting you.
那么就在周三晚上6点吧?很期待见到你。
见到房东,参观房子或公寓
1.Does the rent include the costs for water and heating?
房租包括水和暖气的费用吗?
2.How much are the electricity/gas/water bills for a year?
一年的水电气需要支付多少钱?
3.Is there a telephone connection? I need to be able to get internet access.
这里可以接通电话吗?我还需要网线。
4.How many other rooms are let in the building?
这幢房子里还有哪些房间允许进入?
5.How many people share the bathroom/kitchen?
多少人共用浴室或厨房?
6.Is there a laundry room?
有洗衣房吗?
7.I’m sorry I am only able to view after 6 o’clock (or 6p.m.) in the evening orat weekends due to my work commitments.
不好意思,由于工作关系,我只能在晚上6点后或周末有时间看。
8.I could view the room in my lunch break between 12 and 2p.m.
我可以在午餐休息时大约在12点到下午2点有时间。
9.So this studio apartment has an open plan area which is for living, sleepingand cooking with a separate bathroom?
那么这套公寓有敞开式的区域供居住,睡觉和烹饪,还有一间独立的浴室?
10.So this apartment has an open plan living area with kitchenette, a separatebedroom and a bathroom?
那么这套公寓有敞开式的居住区域有小厨房,独立的卧室和浴室?
11.Do you have an apartment available with its own separate kitchen, bedroom andbathroom?
你们这有可以拥有自己的独立厨房,卧室和浴室的公寓吗?
12.Is there a washing machine/dishwasher in the kitchen?
厨房里有洗衣机或洗碗碟的机器吗?
13.Do any of the other tenants have children?
其它的租客有孩子吗?
14.Am I allowed to redecorate the rooms?
我可以重新装修房子吗?
15.How long is the rental lease for?
契约期是多长?
16.Do I have to pay a security deposit?
我需要付押金吗?
17.Have many other people viewed the room already?
已经有多少人看过房了?
18.When will you decide who gets the room?
你什么时候能决定下来租给谁?
19.When would I be able to move in?
我什么时候可以搬进来?
20.How much notice?
多少钱?
21.Am I allowed to use the garden at the rear or does that belong to the groundfloor apartment?
我可以使用后边的花园吗?或者那个花园属于一楼的公寓吗?
搬进去后,房子里或公寓里出问题
1.The heating/air conditioning/washing machine/dishwasher isn’t working.
暖气/空调/洗衣机/洗碗碟机坏了。
2.I’m having a problem with my key and lock. It is difficult to unlock thedoor.
我的锁和钥匙出问题了,锁很难打开。
3.The timed light always goes out before I can reach the landing.
定时感应灯通常还没等我走到楼下就熄灭了。
4.Could you organize for it to be repaired please?
你能抽时间修一下吗?
5.I’m sorry but I have to complain about the neighbors upstairs/downstairs/onthe other side of the hallway.
不好意思,但是我得投诉楼上/楼下/走廊对面的邻居。
6.They are very noisy.
他们太吵了。
7.They leave their garbage in the hallway which leaves an unpleasant smell andattracts cats, mice and rats.
他们把垃圾堆在走廊里,味道很难闻,还把猫和老鼠都招来了。